Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dr.Isaacson_instr_planning

My classroom will be organized on three levels, the semester, the unit and the day-to-day plans. At the beginning of the semester, I will distribute to my students a course syllabus that will encompass the entire year. I will give them an overview of the class content as well as a concise list of materials needed. I will clearly state the goals and objectives of the class. I will list each assignment with the exception of a few pop quizzes. I will also have a rubric for each assignment and I will post homework on the blackboard. The students’ assignments will include journaling which I think is vital to establishing a line of communication between my students and myself. The assessment process will be clearly defined and I will allow some extra credit work for the student that needs remediation. The overall evaluation and grading schedule will be presented in a clear manner.

No comments: