Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dr. Isaacson's presentation follow up:

Students are motivated to learn when they feel comfortable surrounded by a compassionate cohort and are guided by a caring teacher that stimulates their intellectual self. I will instill order in my classroom by giving students a clear set of rules to follow which I will enforce consistently. I will conduct myself professionally and communicate a clear understanding of my expectations with respect to both their conduct and their performance in my class. I will gain further insight into their lives by using journaling and sponsor a class website. I will create an environment conducive to learning by arranging the desks in a rectangular formation as well as using small grouping and station-based instruction .I will treat all my students alike because I believe all students have the ability to learn given the correct tools. I will balance a teacher-oriented approach to teaching with a student-based method of instruction which will culminate in a classroom of students driven to learn. My students will use a higher level of thinking when I incorporate pointed questions and encourage responses using cues if necessary. I will reflect on each day in the classroom to document successes and failures and use this information to improve my performance.

No comments: